Front Lit Channel Letters
There are 5 main components to a front lit letter:
- The Back: usually .040” aluminum
- The Return: the side of the letter, usually 5” deep .040” aluminum. This material comes standard in a wide range of colors, but can also be custom painted
- The Face: 3/16” white or colored acrylic
- Trimcap: The band that attaches the face to the return. This material comes in a range of standard colors that match or contrast the return and can can be custom painted as well
- Illumination: LED lights are the most common, but there are many different options
Front lit channel letters are the most common type of channel letter. A sign using this lettering features lights that illuminate through the face of letters, a logo, or other shapes. This is accomplished by using a translucent acrylic face, colored or with a vinyl overlay, and a form of internal illumination. The light source can be LED, Neon, Fluorescent, or almost any other form of lighting.